Ever wondered how to work with wafer paper to create a stunning edible cascade on your cakes? Or thought about how to work with wafer paper to create realistic peonies, hydrangeas and foliage? Impress your friends and family today by taking this course with our special Guest Chef, Chef Shirley!
Guest Chef Shirley:
A graduate of Business Management and Culinary Arts, Shirley has lived in Manila, New York City, Saigon, Hong Kong and presently, in Singapore. She has worked professionally with various cake artists around the globe, while also opening her retail bakery in her hometown, the Philippines. She further completed and honed her sugar flower skills under the tutelage of: Ron Ben-Israel Cakes (NY, USA), Giovanna Smith (Sugar Art Studio, USA), Penney Pang, Peggy Wong and Wendy Law (Hong Kong). Moving from one country to another, Shirley had concentrated on making customized cakes, specializing in the art of sugar flowers.
Some of her works have been published in international magazines (Oi Vietnam, Asian Journal Publications and BALIKBAYAN magazine) , as well as local newspapers and magazines in Manila. Shirley’s personalized approach and attention to detail have created a demand and buzz for her cakes, both from the expat and local community. At present, she conducts private classes and group workshops to share her knowledge and skills in this beautiful edible art.
Take this great opportunity to learn from Shirley, who is truly a cake artist blending both real world and classroom experiences.
- Learn the unique properties of wafer paper
- Create realistic peony and hydrangeas using wafer paper as a medium
- Learn how to shape foliage using wafer paper as medium
- Fees include all training materials and ingredients
- Participants will take home products made during the course
- Takeaway boxes will be provided according to products made. Additional boxes requested are chargeable
- All ingredients are pre-weighted. Additional weighing of ingredients may be required during class.
- Please refer to Terms & Conditions / FAQ Page for more information