Rye bread has been linked to several health benefits such as aiding blood sugar control and assisting in digestive health. Taste-wise, it’s known to have a stronger and earthier taste than traditional white bread. So how can you incorporate it into a recipe that’s both healthy yet equally scrumptious? The Creative Culinaire team will take you through it step-by-step and within 5 hours, you’ll walk away with not just one recipe but FOUR!
- Define the different functions and reasons for ingredients in bread dough such as yeast, flour, liquids, fats and sugars.
- Understand two methods of kneading doughs
- Straight dough
- Sponge dough methods
- Develop correct kneading techniques
- Describe the fermentation process
- Assess the importance of dough temperature and methods to achieve the right temperature in your home kitchen
- Practice techniques such as scoring, braiding and shaping to create delicious and aesthetically pleasing breads
- Practice proofing, how not to overproof, and learn how to test if your dough is done
- Practice how to make the filling of the bread
- Practice kitchen etiquette and handling of tools and equipment
Recipes you’ll learn
- Rye Sunflower Apricot
- Bread with Spicy Paprika Tuna Filling
- Campaillou Sandwich with Lime Onion Shredded Chicken Filling
- Rye Chocolate Chips Bread
- Fees include all training materials and ingredients
- A Certificate of Accomplishment will be given upon completion of course
- Participants will take home products made during the course
- Takeaway boxes will be provided according to products made. Additional boxes requested are chargeable
- All ingredients are pre-weighted. Additional weighing of ingredients may be required during class.
- Please refer to Terms & Conditions / FAQ Page for more information