Baking bread is a skill that can be taken to a whole new level when you don’t just learn the recipes but also understand the science behind it.
In this course, learn the basics of bread making. From the theoretical understanding of flour, yeast and other ingredients used to the different techniques to bake various types of bread, this hands-on 2-day course will get you started on the fundamentals of baking delicious bread.
- Identify the types of ingredients and the functions of ingredients
- Different types of flour, its uses and key specifications
- Role of salt and sugar in bread
- Role and type of yeasts – dried, compressed, deactivated, instant, fresh, osmotolerant
- Understand and develop correct kneading methods
- Straight dough and sponge dough methods
- Describe the fermentation process
- Assess the importance of dough temperature and methods to achieve the right temperature in your home kitchen.
- Practice techniques such as scoring, braiding and shaping to create delicious and aesthetically pleasing breads.
- Practice proofing, how not to overproof, and learn how to test if your dough is done
- Practice kitchen etiquette and handling of tools and equipment
Recipes you’ll learn
- Cheese Twists
- Pandan Ampang Red Bean Buns
- Sausage Rolls and Almond Twists
- Herb Spinach Bread
- Chicken Floss Buns and Raisin Buns
- Sandwich Loaf
- Swedish Limpa Bread
- Bread Bowl
- American Chewy Bagel
- French Walnut Wheat Country Bread
- Wholemeal Bread
- Fees include all training materials and ingredients
- A Certificate of Accomplishment will be given upon completion of course
- Participants will take home products made during the course
- Takeaway boxes will be provided according to products made. Additional boxes requested are chargeable
- All ingredients are pre-weighted. Additional weighing of ingredients may be required during class.
- Please refer to Terms & Conditions / FAQ Page for more information