Our Junior Baking Mastery Program is a comprehensive and fun-filled baking course for children. Young aspiring bakers, aged 9-16 who are eager to learn serious baking skills in a safe and supportive environment. The Program is delivered over 4 sessions, 4 hours per session. This allows students to learn at a comfortable pace while mastering essential baking techniques.
Our curriculum is carefully crafted to cover a wide range of baking skills, starting with the basics. Students will learn to bake a variety of baked goods.
- Introduction to hygiene and safety in the pasty kitchen
- Understand the functions of basic cake and pastry making ingredients
- Understand the basic science of cake – structure formation, leavening, baking process
- Gain competence in cake making techniques – measuring ingredients, mixing batter by hand and machine, filling tins/moulds, controlling baking time and temperature, applying finishing touches, storing end products.
- Gain competence in pastry making techniques – making pastry by hand and machine, rolling dough out, shaping and moulding, controlling baking time and temperature, filling pastries and applying finishing touches, storing end products.
- Hands-on practice: Cakes – Butter Cake Method (Pound Cake), Chiffon Cake Method (Hokkaido Cupcakes), Emulsifier Method (Rollcake), Basic Decoration with Cream and Fruit (Japanese Shortcake)
- Hands-on practice: Pastry – Sweet Pastry (Fruit Tarts and Frangipane Tarts), Savoury Pastry (Quiche and Pasties)
|1||Assorted Mini Pound Cakes and Hokkaido Cupcakes||15 June 2023||9.30am – 1.30pm|
|2||Japanese Shortcake and Swiss Roll||16 June 2023||9.30am – 1.30pm|
|3||Sweet Pastry – Fruit Tartlets and Frangipane Tarts||22 June 2023||9.30am – 1.30pm|
|4||Savoury Pastry – Quiche and Pasties||23 June 2023||9.30am – 1.30pm|
4 lessons: $320 (with a Certificate of Completion upon completion of all 4 lessons)
- For children aged 9 to 16.
- Fees include all training materials and ingredients.
- Participants will take home products made during the course.
- Takeaway boxes will be provided according to products made. However, we always appreciate if you bring your reusable container to minimise the use of disposables. Additional boxes requested are chargeable.
- Please refer to Terms & Conditions / FAQ Page for more information.
There are no reviews yet.