All Junior Chefs! Be ready to:
- Express Creativity
- Learn baking technical skills
- Have lots of fun and excitement
In this series of Junior Baking Mastery Bootcamp, there are comprehensive and fun-filled activities for young aspiring bakers! This program is catered for all children aged 9-16 who are eager to learn serious baking skills in a safe and supportive environment. It will be over 2 full-days for them to learn at a comfortable pace while mastering essential baking techniques. Our curriculum is carefully crafted to cover a wide range of baking skills, starting with the basics. Students will learn to bake a variety of baked goods.
- Introduction to hygiene and food safety in the kitchen.
- Understand the functions of basic bread making ingredients.
- Understand the basic science of bread – gluten formation, fermentation, baking process
- Gain competence in bread making techniques – measuring ingredients, mixing dough by hand and machine, pre-shaping dough, scaling dough, shaping bread, proofing dough, controlling baking time and temperature, storing end products.
- Gain competence on baking mathematics in order to scale recipes and adjust serving sizes.
- Create own breads
- Hands-on practice: Sausage Cheese Buns, Chocolate Swirls, Cinnamon Raisin Buns. Sweet and Savoury Pizza, Steamed Pastel Coloured Buns
- 20 – 21 November, 9am – 6pm
- 4 – 5 December, 9am – 6pm
- For children aged 9 to 16.
- Fees include all training materials and ingredients.
- Participants will take home products made during the course.
- Takeaway boxes will be provided according to products made. However, we always appreciate if you bring your reusable container to minimise the use of disposables.
- Please refer to Terms & Conditions / FAQ Page for more information.