From Hong Kong style egg tarts to the sesame seed cookie, these pastries are a well-loved treat. Although 5 hours may not seem like a lot of time, it’s certainly enough to get started with learning the three classic recipes while also learning the basic fundamentals of pastries like tarts, biscuits and cookies. All so that you can bake such pastries with plenty of confidence and faith in your own baking prowess.
- Identify the key ingredients in tarts, biscuits and cookies
- Practice technique of making light pastry
- Prepare egg custard filling
- Identify the different methods of production of tarts, biscuits and cookies
- Practice kitchen etiquette, hygiene and handling of tools and equipment
Recipes you’ll learn
- Hong Kong Egg Tart
- Chicken Biscuit
- Hong Kong Sesame Seed Cookie
- Fees include all training materials and ingredients
- A Certificate of Accomplishment will be given upon completion of course
- Participants will take home products made during the course
- Takeaway boxes will be provided according to products made. Additional boxes requested are chargeable
- All ingredients are pre-weighted. Additional weighing of ingredients may be required during class.
- Please refer to Terms & Conditions / FAQ Page for more information