Take a deep dive into the world of baking breads and cakes. Understand the process of baking from the use of the ingredients to the theoretical and practical knowledge of the craft. This is only the beginning of your journey to creating professional-level bread and cakes.
- Identify the types of ingredients and the functions of ingredients
- Different types of flour, its uses and key specifications
- Role of salt and sugar in bread
- Role and type of yeasts – dried, compressed, deactivated, instant, fresh, osmotolerant
- Different types of ingredients that affect texture and taste
- Understand and develop correct kneading methods
- Straight dough and sponge dough methods
- Describe the fermentation process
- Assess the importance of dough temperature and methods to achieve the right temperature in your home kitchen.
- Practice techniques such as scoring, braiding and shaping to create delicious and aesthetically pleasing breads.
- Practice proofing, how not to overproof, and learn how to test if your dough is done
- Practice the different mixing methods
- Practice how to control the heat of the oven
- Analyse and improve on what went wrong during the baking process
- Calculate baker’s percentage and understand how it helps formulation of different types of cakes
- Practice kitchen etiquette and handling of tools and equipment
Recipes you’ll learn:
- Cheese Twist
- Walnut Cake
- Pandan Chiffon
- Rainbow Roll
- Black Forest Cake
- This course can be a pre-requisite to Professional Courses – Bread and Cake Module
- Fees include all training materials and ingredients
- A Certificate of Accomplishment will be given upon completion of course
- Participants will take home products made during the course
- Takeaway boxes will be provided according to products made. Additional boxes requested are chargeable
- All ingredients are pre-weighted. Additional weighing of ingredients may be required during class.
- Please refer to Terms & Conditions / FAQ Page for more information