Join Chef Dylan as he teaches the process and finer details of making your own gelato and operating your own gelato business. In this course, you will learn the theory, practical and even managerial aspects of your gelato venture.
- The origins and difference between Gelato VS Ice Cream
- Learning about the different types of commercial machines for gelato and ice-cream making
- Understanding Gelato Ingredients and functions of ingredients
- Formulation of Gelato, Sorbet and Sherbet and calculation of anti freezing power and sweetness levels
- Solving common problems in gelato making
- Practice hygiene and safety of Gelato Making
- Understanding Gelato business landscape and strategies
- Question and Answer
About Chef Dylan:
The R&D engineer whom was developing iphone lenses stationed in Zurich, Switzerland, Dylan Ooi discovered the goodness of Italian gelato on his vacation in 2007 at Como Lake, Northern Italy. The intense punch of flavour, silky smooth texture and low fat healthier choice of frozen dessert in the mouth of a home-sick boy far away from his family and home, created a new aspiration for Dylan. Born in Penang, Malaysia and grew up in Singapore since his teenage years, the Asian food and flavours contribute greatly to his homesickness. With that, Dylan was determined to master the techniques of making gelato with representative flavours of each Asian country. Having spent years and extensive financial investment to research on formulating the perfect balance of gelato on each different flavour. Ge!ato officially opened to Singapore’s market in 2010, winning the market with a strong mandate on its quality and innovation on products, thus expanding vastly throughout Asia.