To sign up, please visit: https://www.ntuclearninghub.com/course/cakes-and-pastries-making-101/
This course is targeted for the public to learn how to make basic cakes and tarts. The programme will build their knowledge about the basics of cakes and pastries making. Learners will learn the essential skills such as usage of equipment, methods, and ingredients to the creation of a product. It is designed for a participant who has the interest to refresh or learn more about cakes and pastries making. The course will also promote opportunities for the public to pursue a career in the Food Service industry.
Learning Unit 1: Prepare to bake cakes and pastries
Learning Unit 2: Apply baking methods for pastries
Learning Unit 3: Apply baking methods with use of pre-mix, frozen and backoff products
Learning Unit 4: Check pastry products and workstations
Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ)
- Apply baking tools, equipment, and methods in preparing foundation cakes.
- Handle types of knifes and ingredients to prepare various pastry bases for sweet and savory applications.
- Prepare premixes, frozen and bake-off products for bases and fillings.
- Apply methods to store finished products and reinstate of workstations.
Recipes you’ll learn:
- Swiss roll
- Savoury quiche
- Fruit flans
Prior to attending this course, learner should be able:
- To read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to ES WSQ level 3.
- Communicate information effectively and work in a team.
- Plan and organise resources and activities to complete work activities within specific timeframes.
- A basic understanding of baking equipment and ingredients.
- Fees include all training materials and ingredients
- Participants will take home products made during the course
- Takeaway boxes will be provided according to products made. Additional boxes requested are chargeable
- All ingredients are pre-weighted. Additional weighing of ingredients may be required during class.
- Please refer to Terms & Conditions / FAQ Page for more information