To sign up, please visit: https://www.ntuclearninghub.com/course/make-western-pastries/
This course is targeted at the public with basic baking knowledge and junior bakers who want to learn intermediate skills such as making advanced pastries. The programme will build their understanding of advanced level pastries. Learners will learn the skills such as applying recipes and methods in preparing intermediate level pastries, methods of assembling, applying fillings and finishing to pastries. This programme is designed for a participant who has an interest to learn more about advanced pastries making. The programme will also promote opportunities for the public to pursue a career in the Food Service industry.
Learning Unit 1 – Apply intermediate level pastries preparation methods
Learning Unit 2 – Apply baking processes and assembling methods for intermediate pastries
Learning Unit 3 – Prepare finishing for intermediate pastries (dough pastries and cakes)
Learning Unit 4 – Prepare finishing for intermediate pastries (entremets and tarts)
Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ)
- Apply the principles and preparation methods of baking intermediate level pastry
- Complete the making of pastry and suggest suitable assembling methods for intermediate pastries
- Select and apply finishing for intermediate pastries products such as dough pastries and cakes
- Discuss and select appropriate finishing for intermediate pastries such as entremets and tarts
Prior to attending this course, learner should be able:
- To read and write English at a proficiency level equivalent to ES WSQ level 3.
- Communicate information effectively and work in a team.
- Plan and organise resources and activities to complete work activities within specific timeframes.
- With basic understanding of baking equipment and ingredients.
- With basic knowledge of pastries making and baking.
- Fees include all training materials and ingredients
- Participants will take home products made during the course
- Takeaway boxes will be provided according to products made. Additional boxes requested are chargeable
- All ingredients are pre-weighted. Additional weighing of ingredients may be required during class.
- Please refer to Terms & Conditions / FAQ Page for more information